Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baby Shower - Not my Cup of Tea

I think baby showers are extremely difficult to handle for an 8 months old pregnant women. Here is why: 

1. It is a stressful event to organize, unless mom-to-be is not the one who organizes it. Will she like it if she is not involved? ...
2. Mom-to-be must smile all the way through the event. Difficult.
3. Mom-to-be has to pretend that she likes all the gift. A lot of people ignore the fact that there is a baby registry and bring whatever they feel is "so cute and adorable" and sometimes not useful at all.
4. Bringing all the gifts back! This is probably the main reason why I would not do a baby shower. This is why an online baby registry is the best option, all the gifts are shipped to your door.
5. It is not cheap to have a good baby shower! Between flowers, games, food, beverages and cards it will end up being very costly. Is it worth it? Will your friends really appreciated it or think that you should have spend all that money on your baby?

Here is what I would do for my shower:

1. I would have an online registry.
2. I would have a nice dinner with all my family. Gather all the in-laws, grandparents, brothers, sisters and cousins. Have a family dinner and call it a "baby shower dinner." Relaxed atmosphere and if a mother-to-be wants to relax and lay down on a sofa it would be totally fine with everybody, she is pregnant after all.
3. You can tell your family if you do not like what they got you and you would love to go shopping with them to change the gifts. They will understand, or at least they should understand, they are a family.
4. I would have a brunch with all my friends. Find a nice, casual restaurant, decorate a table with flowers and balloons and just enjoy the afternoon. It does not have to be baby related theme, just a nice lunch with friends.
5. I would take all my girlfriends to a movie. Once your baby is born it's going to be a while before you can go to the movies and relax, so have a girls night out. Girls will be more interested in hearing about your baby worries, ask you questions and share your happiness.


FYI:  I believe in hand-written thank you cards but invitation can be send online.


0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger