Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Postpartum Hair Loss: What to do

Postpartum Hair Loss

I read about postpartum hair loss due to hormone changes in women's body, I always hoped that it would be not as bad as some woman describe it. I hoped for the best but prepared to worst, so here is what I did to help my hair get stronger and grow faster:

1. Three months after delivery I started using Biotin based shampoos and conditioner. I tried a couple and here is the one I am using now: Avalon Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner. I like this shampoo, it has a very pleasant smell, it clean and hydrates my hair very well. Do not wait for three months, start using biotin based shampoo within the first month after delivery or even earlier. 
2. Keep taking your prenatal/postnatal vitamins. I was taking Pre-Natal Formula by Nature's Bounty.  
3. Omega3, one pill a day. 
4. Include salmon into your diet. 
5. Air dry your hair or the second best option is to blow dry your hair on cool or warm setting. 
6. Avoid fine tooth combs. 
7. Avoid hair styles that pull and stress your hair: braids, pigtails, tight ponytails, etc 
8. Jojoba Oil Hair Mask. Once a week massage Pure Jojoba Oil into your scalp, hair roots and end and wrap your head with a dry towel. For a better result put a shower cap on before wrapping the towel. Have a mask on for an hour then wash and style your hair as usual. 


9. This is a good time for a hair cut, hair cuts promote hair growth. 
10. Try not to stress about it, in three month your hair will start growing back, plus stress can increase your hair loss. I know how shocking it is to see A LOT of your hair in the shower drain and I remember being extremely sad and I actually thought I am going to be bald. Your hair will slowly grow back, try not to think about it.


0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger