Monday, March 4, 2013

Weeks of being pregnant: Do not be lazy. Exercise.

exercise during pregnancy walk yoga swimming


1. First best exercise is walking. I was walking for hours in Central Park. I walked even the day I was giving birth. I stared having constructions in Central Park! :) My best friend was surprised to see that I was in great shape, because she was getting tired sooner than her 7 months pregnant mate.
Walk all the time. Take a walk instead of taking a bus or a train. Walk few stops then get on a train. Take your dog on a long walk. Park all the way in the back of a parking lot and walk. Every minute of walking do you good! Moms to be: walk. 
2. Swimming. Find a nice, clean pool for a decent price. Find the one that you like and it should be close by as well. I was swimming 30 to 45 minutes at least twice a week. Start slowly, and decrease amount of breaks to one or two max. You can also walk if the facility has a baby/senior/exercise pool. Power walking  in the pool is a great way to stay in shape during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester.
3. Yoga. I am not fond of yoga, but I did it with both of my pregnancies. It helps to relax, stretch, and release tension in upper and lower back. I do not really consider prenatal yoga as an exercise, but it sure is a great way to relax and get your body ready for a delivery process.

I highly recommend to do all of the above! Mondays, Wednesday and Friday can be yoga days, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday swimming days.




0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger