Thursday, March 14, 2013

My registry checklist: Feeding

What will you really need for your registry feeding























Here is the standard baby registry checklist that majority of baby stores will give you. Baby stores want you to buy as much as you possibly can. Those registry checklists are created for people to shop and not necessarily use after the baby is born. I believe less is more when it comes to baby stuff. Please see my comments on each item. I highlighted things that are most useful and are registry must haves!



Feeding 

· 4 - 6 bottles - Definitely! I would get 3 bottles in each size (4 oz and 8 oz), total of 6 bottles. I recommend bottles by Tommee Tippee.  
· 1 bottle storage rack – Yes! I highly recommend storage / drying rack by Baeba. 
· 1 bottle brush – yes, get 2 of them, because you will need to change them every 3 months.
· 1 sterilizer – if you are planning to formula feed yes, if not, there is not need for one. 
· 1 bottle warmer – you are not breastfeeding you will need one. 
· 1 breast pump  – I did not have one because I breastfeed and never pumped. 
· 2 breast pump bottle set - Yes, but I did not pump, so it is a no for me. 
· 2 breast pump freezer – Yes, but no for me, since I did not pump. 
packs (1-2 sets) 
· 2 sets of 4 burp cloths – No need. You can use a regular swaddling blanket. 
· 1 nursing pillow – Yes, must have! 
· 1 nursing pillow cover – Nursing pillow usually comes with nursing pillow cover, you do not need another one. 
· 2 - 3 pacifiers –  I recommend getting two pacifiers for each period 0 – 6 months 2 sets of 2, 6 – 12 months 2 sets of 2 and 12 – 18 months 2 sets of two. Total of 12 pacifiers. Why so much? Because you need to change pacifiers every 3 months. 
· 6 bibs – Yes, large bibs, please do not get newborn size, you won’t use them. 
· 1 high chair – Yes. 
· 1 food processor/food mill  – No need. 
· set of 2 baby plate & spoon set – set of 2 you will definitely need. I recommend Skip Hop and Baeba. 
· 1 baby cook - Get the baby cook by Baeba or something similar, it is a baby registry must have. 
· 2 food storage – baby food storage is a good idea and I had them by Baeba and if you will use Baeba babycook you should definitely get the food storage jars. 2 food storage jars is a good number, this way you won’t have too much baby food sitting in the fridge. You will cook fresh every time.
· 1 pack breastfeeding pads - Yes! Get one and see if you will need it, may be you won't be "leaking", but it is a registry must have.
· 2 Nursing cover - I never used one, regular large swaddling blanket worked for me, but you can get one if you think you will really use it.
· 1 infant positioner - No. Never had one and don't even know why you need one.
· 8 - 10 slow flow nipples - I would get only count of 6
· 8 - 10 medium flow nipples - Yes, but only 6
· 8 - 10 fast flow nipples - Yes, 8-10 sounds like a good number, because fast flow nipples you will use themost.
·  2 sippy cups - Yes!
·  2 straw cups - Yes! 

I would also suggest getting: 

·  2 thermo food containers - I highly recommend food containers by FOOGO, perfect choice for travel, or moms on a go!  
·  2 thermo bottles - FOOGO straw cups are perfect for keeping summer drinks cold and winter tea or milk hot! Love them! 
·  1 pack of table toppers - great way to entertain your baby when eating out as well as keeping restaurant table germs free.

Total suggested pieces by the store: 71 
Total suggested pieces by me: 64


0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger