Sunday, January 22, 2012

Less Water = More Milk

to increase breast-milk supply

I read that during the first three days after delivery you should limit the amount of fluid intake to 1 liter (4 classes or 34 oz)  per day.

I know that only four classes a day is not enough, especially when a woman in not allowed to drink during labour. In the hospital they will tell you a complete opposite, that you must drink lots of water which will increase your lactation. I am convinced that amount of breast-milk mainly depends on your genetics, but at the same time I know that many girlfriends of mine that drunk a lot in the hospital had problems with milk supply. So, I decided to trust an article that I read which said that you should limit fluids during the first three days after delivery and the fluid that you drink should be water (water only) and it should be warm, not room temperature. It worked for me, I had milk, lots of it, but again, I was drinking warm previously boiled water. I believe for every woman lactation process is very different, but I think this piece of information might help.


0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger