Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dear mamas, lose your UGGs.


There are two things that irritate me the most: parents (nannies) who are taking their kids to the playground pass noon and moms that take their babies for a walk and look like they just rolled out of bed. This post is about mamas that ignore or choose to ignore how they look. Yes, you a mother now, but you are still a woman, beautiful and stronger than ever! Please, please, please, please and please I am begging you to look good. Looking good does not mean you have be back in size 6 and have a hair style every time you go out, but looking neat, clean and nice I believe is a must for every woman. Show yourself and the world that you a hot mama! Believe it or not but being called a MILF is your best complement now :)

I see many mothers that go outside without any make up on, with dirty nails, unclean shoes or UGGs, dirty uncombed hair and I do not pity them, they make me furious!

Dear mamas, here is what you need to do: 

1. First things first: change your baby, feed her, maybe change her again. Put her back in her crib or a bouncer. Use those 15 minutes that she is going to be in the bouncer to take a shower. It is ok if she starts crying, there is nothing wrong with her. She is clean and fed and you will be able to hold her in 15 minutes.
2. The minute your baby takes her morning nap, use 10 minutes to comb your hair and put make up on. You do not need more than 10 minutes to apply foundations/tinted moisturizer, blush and a mascara. Pull your hair back in a ponytail or a braid. Simple and classic.
3. I believe putting leggings, t-shirt, a sweater, scarf, earrings and a watch is equivalent in time when you are wearing sweatpants, t-shirt, sweater and UGGs.
4.UGGs are comfortable but not pretty. Every single straight or gay man on this planet will tell you that UGGs are not sexy shoes. Do you feel pretty in your UGGs? I don't. I feel great when its 20 degrees outside and I came out to walk our dog, but that's about it. Plus I think you have to have very skinny legs to pull UGGs look off.  
5. Substitute UGGs for flats or pumps. Flats are comfortable and can be very stylish especially in bright and radiant colors. My favorite flats are by J.Crew. Cece Suede Ballet Flats - love them! If I could afford to have more than one pair I would have them in all colors available. Comfortable, soft, stylish!
6. What's up with sweatpants? Come on, you can do better than that! Don't like jeans or don't fit into your pre-pregnancy jeans, no worries, go with leggings. Leggings in black or brown are always flattering on any figure.
7. Long t-shirt or a sweater with a nice v-neck or a deep U shape neck is feminine and sexy. Longer length will cover places that you are not ready to show just yet, and yet you will look great!
8. To finish your style wear a watch, scarf and a pair of earring.
9. I highly recommend to keep your pregnancy wardrobe for at least 2 months after delivery. You will feel a lot more comfortable in pregnancy leggings, jeans or pans for at least first few weeks.
10. Remember, you do not have to look like a magazine cover, but looking clean and neat is a must!

Being a mom is the hardest job, but if you choose to be is "all" you can! Discipline is your best friend now! If I can do it, you can do it as well! I do not have any family in town and nobody comes to help me and I always look clean and neat when I go out for a walk.


0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger