Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baby furniture that you can live without.


My list of furniture pieces that both mother and baby can survive without.

Less furniture = greener planet = thicker wallets:  

1. Rocker. Rockers are expansive and majority of them are ugly looking and take lots of space. We chose the most affordable rocker option and I am glad we did. I used a rocker few times a week for about 8 months. That's it. I like to feed on a bad, on a sofa or in a regular living room chair. If you have space and money and you truly believe you will be using your rocker you should get one. I am glad we had one, but at the same time I know I could have survive without it. For parents that cannot afford to lose so much space or money do not worry you will be fine for as long as you have a bad, living room chair or a sofa. Our daughter did not really fell asleep in a rocker. She liked to be bounces on  the bed, so do not full yourself if you think that you will be rocking your baby to sleep. Plus my back and legs were killing me after sitting in a rocker for more than 45 minutes.
2. Bassinet. Do not waste your money on a bassinet. First: teach your baby to sleep in a crib from day one. Your baby will get used to sleeping in a bassinet and in 4 months she will grow out of it and you will put her in a cirb and most babies do not like that. Babies do not like change. Babies like consistency. Bassinet takes space and will be useful for only 4 months tops. I know how cute bassinets look, but I promise you will regret getting one once your baby won't fit into it.  
5. Baby Dresser. It makes me smile when I see parents have 2 or sometimes 3 dressers on their registry. Your baby won't have so much clothing! Our daughter is 13 months are I still use only one drawer in my own dresser. Diapers, creams and other things you can store in your night stand or you will have more than enough space on your changing table. For parents that really need a dresser, I would recommend getting a dresser and a changing table in one. It will save you space and it will be much more convenient to have everything within your reach. For parents that really want to get a dresser, I would say that you do not need nursery dressers, just because a dresser is classified as "baby furniture" it will cost more.

Please note: the more furniture you have the more baby proofing you will have to do! Baby proofing is expansive and stressful because sometimes baby proofing fails when  you do not expect it.


0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger