Thursday, July 26, 2012

1 day in a life of a mother...



1. Woke up at 6:30AM
2. Took a shower
3. Made sure that had everything packed for an upcoming trip 
4. My husband helped prepare baby food for the day
5. 7AM took a subway to Penn Station
6. 8:10 started a 3.5 hour journey to Washington DC 
7. 11:45 arrived at Union Station 
8. Stood in a very long line to catch a cab
9. While waiting in line my daughter fell asleep in a stroller. 
10. Around noon right before getting into the taxi I asked the cab driver to lower his voice because I had a sleeping baby in my arms 
11. Taxi driver completely ingorned my request, may be he had hearing problem.... who knows. 
12. Of course my daughter woke up because he was very loud 
13. He did not know where to go so I had a baby on my lap and an iPhone map in the other hand. 
14. Sasha (daughter) got car sick. I am holding her, holding the plastic bag for her and looking on my iPhone to give him directions 
15. $25 dollars later with a bag full of vomit I finally arrived to Columbia Gardens Cemetery 
16. I was attending a ceremony of a very dear friend of my family. She knew me since I was born. There is not much to say about it, lots of tears and memories...
17. Around 1PM we came to her house were gathering in her honor took place. 
18. 1PM Sasha's lunch. 
19. Since the taxi driver woke her up she skipped her afternoon nap and therefore was running like a wild child all afternoon.
20. House was not baby-proof,  I was on guard. 
21. Snacks, water and some crying it out loud Sasha fell asleep around 5PM. 
22. Finally, I had something to eat and could talk to the family a little. 
23. 6:30PM Sasha wakes up in tears. She did not sleep a lot, she is probably teething and she is not comfortable because it is not her home. 
24. 7:20PM We got a ride to subway station - Sasha did not puke on the way there! Yay! 
25. Took a subway to Union Station. 
26. 8:45PM our train departed back to New York City. 
27. 9PM Sasha's dinner was served. She usually eats dinner around 7PM, but I could not feed her before we got to the train station because she gets motion sickness. 
28. 9:30PM she does not want to fall asleep she just hangs out in the train. 
29. Around 9:40 a woman who was sitting behind me asks me a question: "Excuse me, do you know if trains make emergency stops?" Before I could even ask her if she needs anything here is what she tells me: "I think we will need an emergency stop for your hurt baby, if you will keep letting her walk around the train" 
30. Sasha did not walk around the train, she was standing on her feet in front of me holding to her stroller on an empty seat next to me. My thought: "How dare you to say thing like that out loud!" 
31. My daughter's usually starts falling asleep around 9PM and she is completely asleep around 10PM. 
32. At 10:20 she started crying... eyes closed and crying....She is trying to fall asleep but there is so much light in the train, loud station announcements, etc... 
33. 5 minutes after she stared crying a woman behind me stars making comments again.... 
34. I don't have time to talk back and to be honest I did not want to, my tired baby is all I care about. I need to rock her to sleep. 
35. Sasha is crying for 10 minutes now. I am trying to rock her... I am sitting in the first row, so I could have space for the stroller. I went all the way towards the front of the car where the restroom is so I could rock her without annoying anyone. 
36. A boy with a toy monkey comes to ask me if a monkey will help. No, but thank you! 
37. Stop announcement makes Sasha open her eye, but she stopped crying. I went back and sat down. 
38. I could feel that a woman behind me stood up and was staring at Sasha, because Sasha fixed her eyes on her. 
39. I turned around and a woman was literary in my face. 
40. I told her to please (I even used that word) to stop staring at my baby. 
41. She exploded: "Do not tell me what to do!" 
42. Me: Maam, I ask you not to stare at my baby!
43. Her: "Do not tell me what to do!" 
44. Her: "Take control over your baby" 
45. Her: "You should not have had a baby" 
46. Me: "Maam, do you have children?" 
47. Her: "Yes, two! In college" (I am not sure why she said that they were in college) 
48. Me: "Shame on you!" I am not even surprised that I had nothing to say to her. Why waist my energy and time + I was almost whispering to her because Sasha started to fall asleep. Babies feel once you get nervous, so I kept my cool, Sasha needs me now, she is tired and sleepy. 
49. Her:"Don't have any more babies!" 
50.Her: "Babies are having babies!" (I actually take it as a complement!) 
51. It was her stop so finally it was her time to get off. 
52. Once she passed me, people behind her was telling me not to listen and that she was crazy. This part actually annoyed me the most! People are scared to step in to protect a mother with a crying baby in her arms. Ridiculous. 
53. There was other family with a 10 year old sun who started talking to "her" once they were on a platform and they all stared laughing.  What kind of people do that!
54. Around 11PM Sasha finally fell asleep in my arms. 
55. I started crying. 
56. It was a long day and I did everything right 
57. Emotionally tired. Physically I was fine, but with so much sorrow in my chest it was hard to hold tears inside.
58. I tried not to cry during the ceremony, but seeing a casket going into the ground is not exactly the easier thing to watch. She was a great women, mother, wife and recently became a grandmother... 
59. 12:20AM I took a subway to Queens. 
60. Arrived home around 1AM. 
61. My husband took care of Sasha
62. I took a shower 
63. Boiled some milk for her in case she will wakes up hungry
64. Washed my face, brushed my teeth and went to sleep. 
65. 1:30AM While lying in my bed I though that it was a good day. I did all the right things and if that bitch thinks that her lousy mouth could break me she does not know what kind of animal she deals with.


P.S. I was not in the mood to take pictures, so I apologize for not giving you an authentic photograph, but I believe this image delivers the right message.


0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger