Friday, March 9, 2012

Aquaphor - Healing Ointment

Aquaphor - Healing Ointment























Positives: 

1. Aquaphor is the best healing ointment when it comes to treating dry skin! When our baby's skin was dry, I use to cover her in Aquaphor before giving her the bath, because Aquaphor will prevent water from drying her skin. I also massaged her substituting apricot oil with Aquaphor. In 2 to 4 days the dryness was gone.
2. Frangrance free.
3. Great for babies and adults! My hands and lips are very dry during winter season. I use Aquaphor. Helps my dry lips like nothing else I have tried and reliefs my dry hands. I normally  continue using Aquaphor for a week.
4. Helps to remove cradle cap. Cover your baby's head with a thick layer of Aquaphor. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then brush your baby's head using baby comb. Wash baby's head as usual using baby shampoo or soap. Baby's hair and scalp might be still greasy for a couple of days, but keep using baby comp and in a couple of days wash your baby's head with shampoo only. This routine always removes flakes for us. 


Negatives: 

1. It does treat diaper rash. I could never understand how would it treat the diaper rash because Aquaphor moisturizes and not dries the skin. At least it did not treat our diaper rash. 
2. Neither does Aquaphor prevent from a diaper rash. We applied Aquaphor during every diaper change for over a week and we developed a diaper rash and I was able to treat it with diaper rash cream and baby powder but not Aquaphor. 
3. I would not recommend getting Aquaphor in a jar, inconvenient packaging. You need to use two hands to open the jar and close it as well as use your hands to get Aquaphor out of the jar. Use Aquaphor in a tube: open, close and apply using one hand. Mom's hands are always busy, a tube is convenient option. 
4. Some people might find the consistency of Aquaphor as thick and unpleasant to touch. Well, it is true, but it is a very affordable, sticky substance that will heal your baby's dry skin as well as your. 

I definitely recommend Aquaphor


0 comments:

 

Copyright © Layered Cake Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger